We all want our clothes to smell fresh and look clean, but did you know that using traditional, chemical-based laundry detergents can actually harm the environment and your skin? This is where natural laundry detergents come in to save the day! Here are some reasons why you should switch to natural laundry detergents and how to use them for different fabrics.
Benefits of Natural Laundry Detergents:
- Eco-Friendly: Natural laundry detergents are made with biodegradable ingredients, reducing their impact on the environment.
- Gentle on Skin: Chemical-based detergents can irritate sensitive skin, but natural detergents are made with gentle, hypoallergenic ingredients, making them ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Better for Clothing: Traditional detergents can break down fibers and cause fading, but natural detergents are gentler on clothing, helping to prolong their life.
- No Harmful Chemicals: Natural laundry detergents do not contain harmful chemicals like phosphates, chlorine, and sulfates, making them a safer choice for both you and the environment.
Laundry Recommendations for Different Fabrics:
1. Natural Cotton: For natural cotton fabrics, use a natural laundry detergent that is specially formulated for delicates. Avoid using fabric softeners, as they can reduce the absorbency of natural cotton. Shop our collection of organic cotton lingerie and apparel here.
2. Linen: Linen is a durable fabric that can handle a bit of extra scrubbing. Use a natural laundry detergent that is high in enzymes to help remove tough stains. To minimize wrinkles, hang linen clothes to dry and give them a good shake before putting them away. Check out our fabulous linen shawls and scarves here.
3. Silk: Silk is a delicate fabric that needs to be treated with care. Use a natural laundry detergent that is specifically formulated for silks, and avoid using hot water or putting silk in the dryer. Instead, hang silk items to air dry and avoid direct sunlight. Treat yourself to a luxurious custom-made silk underwear or bra set here.
4. Wool: Wool is a warm and cozy fabric, but it can shrink if not washed properly. Use a natural laundry detergent that is gentle on wool, and avoid hot water. Hand-washing or using the gentle cycle on your washing machine is best, and hang wool items to air dry. Stay cozy in our bestselling merino wool and cashmere clothing and lingerie collection. Shop here.
So let's ditch the harsh chemicals and switch to natural laundry detergents! They're better for the environment, kind to your skin, and keep your clothes looking their best. So go ahead and give them a spin on all your favorite fabrics, from delicate silk to tough-as-nails linen, and get ready for some seriously fresh and fabulous laundry results!